We know it can be difficult to schedule 3 consecutive days off for your staff. Since COVID it has only become harder and many people are uncomfortable sitting in a room with their colleagues for three days.
Six years ago, our director, Stuart Marshall was involved in the HSE subcommittee that looked at eLearning in First Aid and we have been running FAW courses with 1 day eLearning and 2 days classroom ever since.
However, during lockdown, it became clear we needed to do better than this. We calculated how much time spent in the classroom is practical and how much is theory. It turned out, the practical was less than a day.
Now, with our blended 2+1 first aid course, theory is taught as eLearning, allowing students to learn at their own pace in spare moments at work, followed by only one full day off for an intensive practical. As far as we are aware this flexibility is only offered by Marlin Training. No other provider teaches like this!
Our Course Covers All Aspects of Workplace First Aid
- Introduction and first aid regulations.
- Scene assessment, communication & delegation, safety & hygiene.
- Initial assessment: trauma and non-trauma and recovery position.
- Airway problems such as choking.
- First aid kits for the workplace.
- Advanced bleeding control: tourniquets & coagulants.
- Shock – types, treatment and importance when help is delayed.
- Recognising and treating illnesses.
- Recognising and treating injuries.
- Practical session on splinting using both improvised commercially available splints.
- Environmental problems such as, heat, cold, burns and poisons.
Who is it for
Anyone who works in a high risk environment, such as
- security staff
- staff working with chemicals
- staff involved in manufacturing