This ½ day module is designed for staff working in and around lakes, rivers or on boats. It covers topics such as (but can be adapted to your needs):
- Safe working around water.
- Temperature of water – immersion shock and drowning
- Dynamic risk assessments and group management
- Appropriate selection of equipment:
- Safety equipment – types of buoyancy aids and life jackets (and why)
- Drysuits vs wetsuits.
- Waders and their dangers.
- Calling for assistance: Coastguard. VHF Radios.
- Drowning: Protocol changes for resuscitation
- Rescue techniques such as, reach, throw, wade, tow.
- The rescue throw line and ropes. Techniques and practice.
- River crossings.
- Extracting your casualty from the water
Price dependent on location and needs. Preferably near a location with water for practice.